It is not possible to open links using Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel ...)
When you click on a link using Microsoft Office applications (for example: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint) you receive the following error message:
“This operation was canceled due to the restrictions on this computer. Contact your system administrator ”
Registry information not removed after you uninstall a third-party browser that was marked as default, usually occurs when you uninstall Google Chrome.
- Close all Office applications
- Click Start; All programs, Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge (if it is Microsoft Edge, you need to click the ellipsis and choose the option "Open with Internet Explorer")
- In Internet Explorer click on Tools or Gear and then select Internet Options
- Click on "Make Internet Explorer the default browser"
- Then click OK and close Internet Explorer